Sunday, March 16, 2014

It has been awhile since my last post because I have had a pretty busy past two weeks. On Friday I made my way to Paris to pick up chad at the airport and we spent the weekend traveling around. It was so much fun taking him around to all the sites. We climbed the notre dame, saw the catacombs, went to the arc, the louvre, and climbed the Eiffel. After a great weekend we spent some time in Dijon and today we were both lucky enough to go on one of my field trips to Beaujolais for class. We went to a distillery at 10am and tasted spirits to start the day off so that was interesting to say the least. But the guy was a sweetheart and have us bottles of the creme liquors he produces to take home. We then got cooked an amazing meal and got to enjoy it outside since it was about 65 degrees out today. I forgot to mention the weather has been unreal this week. Not a cloud in the sky. But anyways we had salad, sausages cooked over charcoal yum, sticky rice, bread, cheese, and dessert. This was all along with over 10 glasses of wine. It was a great time talking with the vineyard owners, my professors and other students who are studying the same passion I have. We then hiked for about 3 hours through the vineyards and my professors are a little bit more adventurous than I anticipated. We hit an area surrounded by fence and my 70+ year old professor decided to hop a barbed wire fence into a cow pen to cross to the road and proceeded to knock down the fence on the other side for us. It was crazy. But we had a lot of fun. I forgot to mention that I ate like a queen this week. Chad and I went to an Australian restaurant (strange I know) and we tried kangaroo. We also ate so many delicious French meals. We had creme brûlée, Angelina's famous hot chocolate which was literally like a liquid chocolate fountain, French macaroons and so much more.  And on my last day he took me to the only chipotle in Paris. Yes, I ate my entire burito 😊

I've been busy busy with homework oh and I had my first French exam which was a treat. But that hasn't stopped me from being a world traveller. My Spain trip is all booked and I'm going skydiving! That's right everyone I'm gunna jump out of airplane. I think I'm gunna throw up 5 times before I jump but I couldn't think of a better time or place for such a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

After having Chad here for a week, I realized how fortunate, lucky, and grateful I am. It was extremely difficult to bring him back to the airport this morning  and now I'm sitting in a cafe waiting to catch my train back to Dijon. But now the countdown back home begins! If you read this chad, thank you. 















No comments:

Post a Comment