Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Well Rome has been a pleasant surprise. The architecture is absolutely amazing here. Although it is a bit too touristy for me. I hate having to constantly be on my guard... Between the pick pocketers who follow you down the street (yes I legitimately ran away)  to the street venders and the beggers. 
I went to the Vatican today and it was a lot different than expected but still beautiful. I said a prayer and then climbed over 500 steps to the top of the dome. That's the fourth time I've felt like I was on top of the world and the climb is getting easier. We dodged a Bullet aka the huge rain cloud by about 5 seconds when we found the cutest retaurant offering happy hour. It was nice to relax with the girls and get free food for a bit since it is our spring break and everything. I even made friends with the bartender and got a free shot.. Or two. 

Well,It's been real Italy... Off to Greece tomorrow ! Ciao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment