Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wine Tasting

Even though I had 6 hours straight of class today, I never dread going because class with Benoit is my favorite. The first thing we talked about was our field trip to prowein, the wine festival we are attending in Germany in March. Let me tell you, it is going to absolutely unreal. There are 8 buildings of FREE tastings from vineyards around the world and also a building of spirits. There are conferences we can attend, many to do with prestige wines, and food pairings which I cannot wait for. He also surprised us with the fact that we will be stopping at a vineyard in Alsace on our way back to Dijon! 

The second half aka 3 hours of my day, we did wine tastings. We tried 13 different wines from the various regions of france. It was really interesting to learn the proper tasting process and how to pick out the aromas in the glass. It was easier to recognize the different aromas with multiple glasses because you have something to compare to. We also tried some old wine from 1994 that ended up being oxidized but it was interesting to recognize the difference. 

I think France is alright 👌


No comments:

Post a Comment