Thursday, January 16, 2014

Packing

for those of you who know me, you know I am not one to pack light. Just for one semester at school I brought probably close to 40 pairs of shoes and a quarter of my wardrobe, which if you have seen my closet you would understand what that means. So packing out of just two suitcases has presented a challenge for me. Everyone who studies abroad says no one ever wears everything they bring. But how am I supposed to know what the weather will be like especially when I will be traveling all over Europe? My solution....pack everything.

All week i have been saying, "Time to pack" when really it consists of me laying on my floor just looking at my suitcases because I don't want to leave my things home. I just take things out and replace them with more clothes, then refold my clothes every way imaginable to make more space for myself.

What I am learning though, is the experience I am about to have is worth more than what you pack so who cares if you wear the same thing everyday or you have to leave something home. I'm about to travel a part of the world and this kind of opportunity doesn't present itself everyday. So heres to 3 more days of determining the necessities because whether I am ready or not, I will be on a plane in 3 and a half days to take on my journey in Dijon.

No comments:

Post a Comment