Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Time is a weird concept to grasp over here. My weeks go by slow but my days go by extremely fast even though I wake up at 7 every morning and go to bed extremely late. By the end of my day I am extremely exhausted and have zero words to describe the life I have been living. It still does not feel real to me. Except when my friends and I try to book flights and train tickets in military time. We should honestly make this trip into a reality show because it's just too funny. We can't go anywhere without being super American. We talk extremely loud all the time so obviously we stand out. 

The weather here is not what I anticipated. When I looked it up at home I thought I would be living the life in 40 and 50 degree temps. Well uhh try 35 degrees when it's raining and dark out all the time. I can honestly say I have seen 10 minutes total of sunlight since I arrived in Dijon. But at least I'm not missing out on a beautiful day when I am sitting in the same class for 6 hours at a time. Yes that's right. The same class for 6 hours. It's wine and chocolate pairing though so how hard can that be. I also can not wait for the 18 pound box from home to get here because I obviously did a horrible job at packing my life in two suitcases. You're the best mommy! 

Oh and I got stuck in a bathroom stall tonight and that was probably the most traumatizing experience I've had in a long time. The doors and walls of the stall are attached to the floor and I legitimately got locked in. I was so close to climbing over the top of the stall with the 6 inches available. But once I stopped freaking out  after about 5-10 minutes I made it out haha. 

Hopefully I'll have more to share this week. Hope everyone has a great week and weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment