Wednesday, January 22, 2014

So today has taught me to appreciate how privileged we are back home in the states. The cleanliness here is no where near the same, as there is dog poop all over the sidewalks, no toilet seats on certain public bathrooms, no hand soap, and often times no toilet paper. It has been extremely difficult to communicate with the locals over here because the majority of the people only speak French and I feel really bad for many reasons. One is because many of the shop owners try very hard to understand and speak english to us. The other because I often can make out what they are speaking in French but have absolutely no idea of how to respond. I only have access to wifi when I am in my apartment or at school which is completely opposite of back home. Although it is nice to sit back, relax, not be attached to your phone and enjoy learning about another culture, it is still a huge change and hard to get used to. But at the end of the day I am thankful and Excited I can come home and talk to the important people in my life and tell them all about everything I have been experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment