Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Well it has been a long two days but I arrived safely in Dijon and finally have wifi access. It has been a crazy adventure already and it is definitely an adjustment living in a city in a foreign country. But despite the long day of travel yesterday I had a great day today exploring Dijon, meeting my professors, and enjoying a traditional French dinner as a welcome. This whole trip is all about going out of my comfort zone and I tried salmon and caviar for the first time ever. The hardest part about being here is the language barrier. It is frustrating that I can basically make out what people are saying to me, yet I have no idea of how to respond. It is also uncomfortable being the tourist for once and feeling totally lost and out of place. But today I learned some extremely exciting things about my semester. I'm going to be going on a field trip to the wine regions on Saturday, and to a three day wine festival in Germany in March! My classes will be learning about food and wine and how it integrates with the French culture. What this includes is a lot of cheese tasting, wine tasting, wine and chocolate pairings, and other fun things. Needless to say I am way too excited to start classes on Monday!  It's 2am here so I need to catch some sleep before my long day tomorrow! Missing everyone back in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment